Saudi Crown Prince approves Ramadan Project for displaced Syrians
:: Saudi Crown Prince Muhammad Bin Naif, deputy premier, minister of interior and general supervisor of the Saudi Relief Campaigns, has issued order on Tuesday approving the Ramadan Project to cater to the needs of the Syrians affected by war.
The program, which was prepared by the Saudi National Campaign for Supporting Brothers in Syria, aims at making available Ramadan food baskets for Syrians displaced within the country as well as the Syrian refugees in neighboring countries.
Badr Al-Samhan, regional director of the Campaign, said that 10,000 Ramadan iftar baskets have been allotted to the campaign’s office in Jordan while the offices in Turkey and Lebanon have been allotted with 300,000 and 10,000 baskets respectively.
Syrians allowed to obtain, renew temporary work permit.
The Ministry of Labor and Social Development has permitted Syrians, who live in the Kingdom, to attain temporary work permits or renew them if they had already been granted one via the Ajeer portal.
The decision complies with the instructions to provide support and facilitations for Syrians considering the current circumstances in their country. The ministry’s spokesperson Khaled Aba Al-Khail said this temporary work permit, issued by the employer, is a legal document, pertaining to the contractual relations between the employees, in this case the Syrian visitor, and the firm.
Aba Al-Khail said the service via the e-portal is available for all Syrian male visitors, aged between 18 and 60. The visitor must have a valid visa issued by the General Directorate of Passports. He called on owners of firms and Syrians to benefit from this service by visiting the ajeer portal and following the instructions.
Ajeer is an e-portal that helps firms confront any shortage in the number of required laborers and organizes and documents laborers’ work outside their ordinary workplace.