Paris identifies second ISIS suicide bomber

Police react to a suspicious vehicle near La Carillon restaurant following a series of deadly attacks in Paris.

Police react to a suspicious vehicle near La Carillon restaurant following a series of deadly attacks in Paris.


The body of a second suicide bomber involved in the Paris attacks has been identified, sources close to the investigation said Sunday, although it was unclear whether he was French or Belgian.

Both sources said he was one of three brothers involved in the attacks, and that his body was found at the Bataclan concert hall, the scene of the worst carnage where 89 people were gunned down.

Belgium issued an international arrest warrant on Sunday for a man suspected to have taken part in the Paris killings.

French and European authorities are on the hunt for suspects connected to the attacks, the deadliest France has seen since WWII.

The suspect lived in the Brussels neighbourhood of Molenbeek, the source added.

Eariler on Sunday, police said a black Seat car used by gunmen who fired at people in restaurants during the attacks in Paris on Friday has been found in the eastern suburb of Montreuil.

Six people close to Omar Ismail Mostefai, who took part in the killings at the Bataclan concert hall and the first of Friday’s attackers to be identified, have been detained, including his father, brother and sister-in-law, judicial and police sources said.

The body of the 29-year-old French national was found and identified at the Bataclan music hall where 89 people were shot dead Friday when three gunmen wearing suicide vests opened fire on spectators in the bloodiest of a string of attacks in Paris blamed on Islamists.

France’s worst ever attacks killed at least 129 people and left 352 injured, many in critical condition. Prime Minister Manuel Valls said Sunday that 103 bodies had been identified, with 20 to 30 more still awaiting identification.

The Frenchman confirmed as one of the attackers was known to police as being close to radical Islam but had never been linked to a terrorism enquiry, Paris prosecutor Francois Molins said earlier Saturday.

He was identified via a severed fingertip.

Prosecutor Molins said seven gunmen were killed in the attacks, which were the work of three coordinated teams. Six of them blew themselves up while one was shot by police.

The attacks were claimed by extremist group ISIS, which France is targeting with airstrikes on Syria.

People gather outside Le Carillon restaurant, one of the attack sites in Paris, November 15, 2015.

People gather outside Le Carillon restaurant, one of the attack sites in Paris, November 15, 2015.


[wpResize]





    Saudi king at G20: World must get rid of terrorist evil
    Israel approves 'last' round of Ethiopian immigration

    Comments

    comments

    %d bloggers like this:
    Powered by : © 2014 Systron Micronix :: Leaders in Web Hosting. All rights reserved

    | About Us | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Disclaimer | Contact Us |