Largest residential project in Jubail set to be launched
Prince Saud bin Abdullah bin Thunayan Al-Saud, chairman of the Royal Commission for Jubail and Yanbu (RCJY), will open on Saturday the housing ownership program 2015 for the staff of Jubail Industrial City.
The ceremony, to be held at the King Abdullah Cultural Center, will be attended by a number of business leaders and officials.
Mosleh bin Hamid Al-Otaibi, the CEO of the commission, said that this is the largest housing project following requests by companies to allocate land to build homes for their employees.
This is a futuristic leap equivalent to what has been done during the past 30 years to solve the housing crisis in Jubail, he said.
The RCJY started the process of delivering more than 1,300 villas to its employees last month and has also completed the residential occupancy certificates for more than 4,100 housing units in Jalmoudah district belonging to private sector projects.
The RCJ Project Management expressed its interest in the continuation of such cooperation.
The projects include 110 villas for Saudi Basic Industries Corporation (SABIC), 43 residential villas for SASREF, eitht residential buildings for Ma’aden and 106 villas for Saudi Kayan Petrochemical Company.
Over the past few years, Prince Saud has signed a number of contracts for building residential units for the housing ownership program 2015.
Earlier, in an exclusive interview with Arab News, Ahmed Al-Balawi, general manager of technical affairs in the RCJY, said the Jubail RC has followed a unique planning philosophy in its new housing neighborhoods, which is based on the latest international trends like selecting the location away from the industrial area, placing a buffer area for it and designing houses keeping in mind the wind direction.
He said that the design is based on creating extended green spaces and a gradual provision of essential services to these neighborhoods.