U.S. evacuating remaining 100 special forces troops from Yemen

Houthi Yemenis walk past the gate of the main entrance of the closed U.S. embassy after Yemeni police opened the road in front of it, in Sanaa, Yemen, March 4, 2015.

Houthi Yemenis walk past the gate of the main entrance of the closed U.S. embassy after Yemeni police opened the road in front of it, in Sanaa, Yemen, March 4, 2015.


The United States is evacuating its remaining 100 special operations forces from Yemen, amid a deteriorating security situation in the country, CNN reported, citing sources in the region familiar with the matter.

CNN said the troops, who had conducted counterterrorism operations against al-Qaeda and its affiliated militant groups, were the last U.S. forces stationed in Yemen.

The United States closed its embassy in Sanaa last month, after Houthi rebels took over the Yemeni capital.

On Friday, suicide bombers killed at least 137 worshippers and wounded hundreds more at two mosques in Sanaa, in coordinated attacks claimed by the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS).


[wpResize]




Iraq Kurd leader vows to avenge beheaded fighters
Iran leader says all nuclear issues can be resolved in talks

Comments

comments

%d bloggers like this:
Powered by : © 2014 Systron Micronix :: Leaders in Web Hosting. All rights reserved

| About Us | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Disclaimer | Contact Us |