Jordanian arrested over Al-Ahsa strike
Security forces have arrested a Jordanian expatriate in connection with the terrorist attack in Al-Ahsa, said the Interior Ministry on Wednesday. Maj. Gen. Mansour Al-Turki, spokesman of the ministry, said in a statement that security officers arrested the man in Hail and seized several communication devices, a computer and money found in his possession. The raid followed several others that had taken place in the area. The police have now arrested 36 suspects in connection with the Al-Ahsa attacks, which includes two Saudi police officers. The Jordanian is the only non-Saudi.
There have now arrested 12 Jordanians in the Kingdom since the beginning of the war on terror in the Kingdom. Security sources said the suspects are under investigation for suspicious money transfers.
The attack in Al-Ahsa resulted in the death of seven people. In follow-up operations, two officers and three terrorists were killed. The terrorists had earlier shot and killed a citizen for his car. The death toll stands at 13.
Meanwhile, the two policemen injured during an exchange of gunfire with suspects in Al-Mulmeen District in Buraidah Province were discharged from the hospital.
Ass. Sgt. Abdulrahman Khalifa Al-Harbi and Cpl. Abdulrahman bin Shijaa Al-Harbi were injured in their hands and shoulders and were admitted to King Fahd Specialist Hospital in Buraidah.
Prince Mohammad bin Naif, minister of interior, had visited the two security officers, and also sent his condolences to the families of the two officers killed in the operations to find the perpetrators. The two deceased officers are Capt. Mohammad Al-Enezi and Lance Cpl. Turki Al-Rashid.