Smoking ban at stadiums

KASC-_-night-view

Saudi Arabia has banned smoking in sports stadiums across the country as part of efforts to encourage its young population to quit the bad habit, which has been costing it billions of riyals in terms of treatment for tobacco-related diseases.

The ban comes into effect in the new sports season and covers all sports competitions, said Prince Abdullah bin Musaed, head of the Presidency of the Youth Welfare. “The measure was taken to protect spectators from the harmful effects of smoking,” he said.

“We also want to create a healthy atmosphere for sports competitions in the country,” the prince said. “We will soon announce the punishment for law violators,” he added.

According to a study conducted last year, smokers inhale only 15 percent of the puffs they take, while the remaining 85 percent harms the health of passive smokers at stadiums.

 
[wpResize]
 




SR45bn Jeddah Metro to roll by 2022
Ex-PM Hariri back in Lebanon after three years abroad

Comments

comments

%d bloggers like this:
Powered by : © 2014 Systron Micronix :: Leaders in Web Hosting. All rights reserved

| About Us | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Disclaimer | Contact Us |