Hungarian envoy finds friendly faces everywhere
• Which particular aspect of Saudi Arabia you like the most?
The dynamism and religious commitment of its people.
• Can you tell us your favorite and oft-repeated Arabic word?
• Which book is now on your bedside?
The Bible, the Qur’an and Boris Pasternak’s Dr. Zhivago.
• What is your favorite holiday destination?
Lake Balaton in Hungary.
• What is your dream country where you would like to be posted after leaving Saudi Arabia?
No set preference for any posting.
• Which country’s people have you found most friendly?
Everywhere you can find friendly people.
• How do you react to or deal with anger?
With a smile.
• What is your source of strength during tough times?
Deeds, family and devotion.
• What was your first impression about the Kingdom?
The fasting during Ramadan, in October of 2003.
• Which Saudi city fascinated you most?
Riyadh, followed by Jeddah and Taif.
• Your favorite Saudi dish?
Hashi Kabbsah with rice.
• The thing about Kingdom that you will always remember?
The hospitality of Saudis toward strangers.
• If you were given only one option between Facebook and Twitter, what would you prefer?
I don’t prefer any of them although I have private e-mail boxes.
• If you had not become a diplomat, what would have been your profession?
A teacher at a university or a secondary school
• Is hiding the truth acceptable in diplomacy?
Yes in a certain cases. It depends on the matter and situation.
• How do you keep yourself fit?
Running, tennis and occasionally gym workouts.
• Your favorite restaurant?
• You are a fan of which football club?
The Hungarian Ferencvárosi TC
• Who is your favorite actor/actress?
Péter Rudolf and Dorottya Udvaros.
• What is your favorite weekend activity?
Reading and staying with my family.